the ground near a lake, a river, or the sea that often floods and is always wet
swamp, moss, bog, marshland
- The land is colonized by various types of marsh vegetation.
- At low tide in the estuary, cows graze on the marshes.
- The crane lives in marshy habitats.
1.coastal / salt/salt water marsh
2.grass/plant / bird marsh
3.in a/the marsh, on a/the marsh
- marsh: an area of low flat ground that is always wet and soft, that often has grasses or reeds growing in it but no trees
- swamp: land that is always very wet or covered with a layer of water, that often has trees growing in it
- wetland: an area of land that is partly covered with water, and that has grasses and other plants growing in it — often used about areas that are important to birds or wildlife
- fen: a large area of low flat wetland — used especially about the area of this type of land